Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lesson 3

Myths go on and on forever about losing weight. As long as I can remember people have always told me that it's almost impossible to lose weight when you get over 40. I think that properly learning how to lose weight and exercise will take care of this one. Also, never give into negativity and there is nothing more negative than saying you can't do something. At 64 I'm learning I can do all kinds of things, I never say that I'm to old to do something.
I think weight and negativity and what you carry in your mind go hand in hand. The way you see yourself is important. Are you a wiiner or a loser in your mind? Or maybe even half and half. Some people dismiss this but you are a mirror. You draw into your life what you think in your mind. People who don't think they are winners tend to be heavy. Much of it may have come from the lonliness and self pity you feel in your life and so you eat to comfort yourself. Change your thoughts to being a winner...you will be surprised at what will happen.
I recently read an inspiring story of a woman who was severly overweight. Upon talking with a friend she revealed that she had always felt fat and ugly. Right there the friend told her to stop it. She instructed her to stand in front of a mear every morning and say aloud that she was beautiful and she was her perfect weight of 130 lbs. At first the woman thought that this was strange advice but she kept at it every day. Four months later she visited her friend and surprised her. She had lost 70 lbs and was on her way to being her perfect weight of 130 lbs. More importantly, she felt beautiful, she had never felt that way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment